As a Headteacher, I found that for my school to continue to grow and improve it was essential to have an adviser who knew my school well, who provided high-quality on-going support, and challenged myself and all my leaders. We needed a partner who was always at the end of an email or phone, and who signposted us to bespoke support from consultants with specific expertise. I built Impetus Education to provide that high-quality, personal support. Our team of advisers have expertise, credibility, and a proven track record in leadership, teaching, and learning. We are all passionate about supporting schools to be the best places that they can be, so that their pupils are given every possible opportunity to learn, grow, and succeed.
Andrew was the successful headteacher of two Church of England primary (VA) schools, leading the latter to make the journey from ‘Serious Weaknesses’ to ‘Outstanding’ (2006 Ofsted inspection) over a 6 year period. He founded Impetus Education Solutions 17 years ago leads the current consultancy team. Andrew was previously a registered church school inspector and has led over 65 Section 48 inspections.
Andrew’s key skills and expertise:
- Supporting MATs / Federations Schools in their strategic thinking: Strategic Plan / SDP / SEF Support
- Leading Headteacher / CEO performance management reviews
- Developing senior leadership teams, middle leaders and governors: Training / coaching provided for all groups
- EIF Update training
- Deep Dive training
- School Reviews
- SIAMS / Section 48 Inspector : Supporting church school development: SIAMS SEF Writing / Support for Inspections
- Analysis of benchmarking data ( IDSR / ASP) and supporting schools in setting new ambitions